I’m excited to announce our first Programmable Banking Hackathon running from October to December 2020
Read below for more info…
Solving daily, real world challenges using out of the ordinary solutions - that’s how banking experiences enable wealth creation.
Are you ready to put your skills to the test? It’s time to challenge yourself! Can you think of inventive ways to use existing technologies and services to:
- Hack your own behaviour?
- Enable others to spend your money the way you want?
- Make something the entire community can participate in?
- Improve your understanding of your current and future wealth?
- Or, come up with something completely different?
For inspiration on how to come up with ideas, see the “How might we?” community workshop.
Not only is this a chance to put your skills to the test and learn something new, but you’ll also connect with a community of like-minded developers, create something truly useful for your own daily financial management and be in the running to win some awesome prizes.
We’ll also be providing a free swag giveaway to each team member from an eligible submission.
- Team work
This hackathon is all about putting minds together to create out-of-the-box thinking and solutions.
- The competition is for teams of 3-5. Individuals that don’t have a team can apply as individuals and will be placed in teams with other individual applicants.
- Each team must include at least 2 members with Investec Programmable Banking.
- If your team does not meet the requirements that is okay, we will assign individuals to your team to help you meet the requirements.
- What to build
Build new Investec Programmable Banking solutions that leverage at least one of the following features:
- Investec Programmable Card,
- Investec Transaction History API
- One of the Programmable Banking Community open source projects.
As well as one of the following:
- Accounting platforms like Sage, Xero, Wave, Freshbooks,
- Chatbot platforms e.g. Slack, Telegram or Facebook Messenger,
- Web connections tools e.g. Zapier or IFTTT, Microsoft Flow,
- Voice interfaces e.g. Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa,
- VR/AR platforms e.g. Vuforia,
- Payment tools e.g. SnapScan, Zapper, Paystack,
- OCR like Google vision, Microsoft Computer Vision API, OpenCV
- Other fintech or crypto platforms,
Have your own idea for a technology to leverage or need to cover the costs of a developer account? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How to submit your solution
Demo video. Your video (hosted on YouTube, Vimeo, or Youku) should be around 2 minutes, include a demo of your working application via a step-by-step visual demo, and be available in English. Be sure to explain how the Investec products used enhances the experience of your solution!
Access. Make your solution and code publicly available on Gitlab, Github or equivalent. Ensure that there is clear documentation that other Programmable Banking users can follow to easily set up your solution for themselves.
Email a link to you video and code/repo to email@example.com - Please include up to 3 suggestions for improving programmable banking as feedback for the Investec team.
- October 1st - November 30th
- Deadline to submit is November 30th at 5:00pm
Judging and Winner Announcement
- Judging will take place between December 1st - December 8th
- Winners will be announced on or about December 10th
Quality of the idea: Includes creativity and originality of the idea.
Potential strategic impact: Includes the potential value and usefulness to real-world users and how likely they are going to use your solution.
Implementation of the idea: Includes how well the idea was executed by the developer, the extent to which the existing Investec products and other tools were incorporated.
- Shaun Richards - Platform45
- Brett White - Zapper
- First prize will be 3 x Oculus Quest 2 64GB VR Headset
- Second prize will be 3 x PS5 when it drops (or PS4 Pro if you can’t wait)
- Third prize will be 3 x Robomaster S1
- Prizes for winning teams:
Prizes are subject to availability, shipping restrictions and delays, and if unavailable may be replaced with an equivalent prize. Winning teams are responsible for dividing prizes amongst themselves. Prizes will be delivered to the addresses provided by the winning teams.
You may be disqualified from the Hackathon Contest and forfeit any prizes you may be eligible to receive if OfferZen reasonably believes that you have not complied, or attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Investec Hackathon Contest.